Rylie sat reading my blog for hours yesterday. She loves it and pleaded ( that might be to strong of word...) for me to do it more. She loves to reminisce, to think of the days gone by, and reflect on the way things used to be.
Times have been difficult here. Nothing life shattering, no health concerns or anything like that, just life. Just growing up. Changing, reluctantly by some, into young ladies. It was easier when they were small. I could wrap them in my arms, like a mother hen does her little chicks, and protect them from the world. I could cure most hurts with a hug and a little smooch. And what that wouldn't cure, a band-aid would.
That's not the way it is anymore. Things are more complicated, and scary, and hard. Friends are more complex, school is more demanding, expectations at home have increased, everyone GREW UP.
But, with that, there have been wonderful things, too. It has been so amazing watching these girls of mine ( that's you, Rylie) grow, and change, and become...young women. They have opinions ( boy, do they ever!), and beliefs, and values that they are developing to be their own, not just off -shoots of MY opinions, beliefs, and values. They are good, and want to do the right things, and they are strong and capable, and beautiful (inside and out), they love to learn and , well, I could go on and on. It is awesome to watch and exactly what our father in Heaven planned when He designed families.
I love you, Rylie. I love who you were when you were tiny and would snuggle up next to me and let me love you up for a minute, then you'd run off and play. But here's the remarkable part, I love who you are now, too. Even more in some ways. Love is magic that way.
Thanks guys (who are actually girls) for being you and for teaching me all that you have, but especially for teaching me about my hearts ability to love without limits.



No comments:
Post a Comment