I am just checking in. Just saying hello. We are out of school here and loving the lack of schedule. Check back with me in a month and I am sure that I will be longing for just that...a schedule. Such is life around here, change is nice...in small doses.
The end of the school year brought many big changes to our world. We are at the end of some really big things, only to find ourselves at the beginning of some different, really big things. Whitney said good-bye to junior high and hello to high school. Rylie said good-bye to elementary school and hello to junior high. Tori is now a 'big man (err, girl) on campus' Senior , and Paige is 'big man (err, girl) on campus' 9th grader at her school. Two girls at the beginning of a whole new world, a new (big...um, HUGE) school for Whitty and new ( BIG kid ) responsibilities for Rylie. First chapter in a long story for them. Then there are the other two girls who are perched precariously at the last and final grade in their particular schools. Last chapter in a very long story for them. It's all very exciting!
I also found myself at the end of a wonderful chapter in my life. I was released from my calling in young women's at church. It is, as always, bittersweet. I was in for a long, long, time and of course made some amazing and wonderful attachments that will be hard to let go. But, I am now the very lucky teacher of the CTR 4 class in primary. This is a wonderful new ( yet very familiar)beginning for me. I LOVE primary. I am already head-over-heels for my cute class. They talk non-stop, (not unlike the beehives I was previously responsible for) they are loving, accepting, welcoming, and interested in (just about)everything I say (also, not unlike my cute beehives). It will be an adventure but I am glad to part of their lives for a bit.
Sometimes it is hard to tell the end from the beginning. It can be great and well received and the transition is smooth and barely noticeable. Sometimes the difference is super obvious. It can be hard to let yourself let go and move on. But in any case, it is life, the minute one door closes another door opens. That is the way it is supposed to be, and boy, it is awesome!
Farewell past, its been great, but the future is calling (and it also looks pretty great!).
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment