
We are leaving in the morning for Kansas City. The marathon (or in my case half-marathon) is Saturday morning at 7:00!!! I am totally excited and a little nervous. I am not afraid of the distance, I have walked that far before, I think it is the unknown. I have NO idea what to expect. I have never been a part of this kind of thing before. Well, other than the yearly school track meet. I was always on the relay team and did the standing and running long jump. One year some brilliant person had me do the shot-put, I somehow managed to drop that thing on my head. Those of you who know me well will not be surprised by that and are probably relieved and thinking “well, that explains a lot…” Anyway, that is another story for another day. Somehow the school track meet pales in comparison. The school vs. 5000 runners/walkers...UGH! I am sure it will be exhilarating and wonderful.
Today I am spending the day getting ready, packing, doing laundry, choosing which socks to wear, which shirt to wear, trying desperately to remember to bring plenty of safety pins to adhere my bib number to my shirt, charging my camera battery, shaving my legs and well all the other important things we marathoners worry about! Ha, just kidding…well about the “we marathoners” part at least.
So, I am signing off. The next time you hear from me I will be an official half- marathon completer! Its been a long time comin’ !!!


4 comments:
I have to round up some safty pins! Thanks for the reminder!
Can't wait to see picture's and hear all about it. You have become famous at my house. You really have inspired me. I'll have to tell ya about it someday.
Hi Beckie- it's Laurie Anderson (skyline ward & Mia's friend) You are an inspiration. Good luck on your marathon...I can't wait to hear all about it.
I am trying to do a post and can't upload my pics! How are you feeling? It was a great day! I am tired!
Post a Comment