Life

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
-Unknown

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Move Over Blog...There's a New Distraction in Town

And this town is not big enough for the two of ya. Is it me or has everyone (including me) not been blogging lately? It feels like a blog ghost town out here lately. I check almost every day to see if anyone has updated and days and days go by with nothing. The minute I realize that there is one I love to read it. I wonder if everyone is just too busy??

Or maybe it is because there is a new thing in town.

(Cue old western music and crickets chirping in the background)

It is called FACEBOOK. I have had several people tell me how incredibly fun it is and that I have to get on. I did for a minute and a half and then deactivated my account because honestly, it stressed me out. I know. I'm weird.

Then after a few weeks curiosity got the better of me and I re-activated it again. I sort of like it, I am trying to anyway. It has its intrigue for sure, but I still love blogging so much better.

What do you guys think? Are you making the switch? Are you going to still do both? Has blogging lost its appeal? Or are we all just so busy we haven’t posted in forever because there is simply not enough time?

Curious minds want to know.

9 comments:

Kristen said...

I got on facebook too, but really only ever blog. I'm at a loss in the blogworld without my camera!

Heather said...

I am still doing both. I just have been rather busy (okay lazy) about posting on my blog. I promise to keep it up and running.

Michelle said...

I like facebook because I can write quick little one-liners. It doesn't involve too much thought. I still like to blog, it just takes a lot more time and I have to FOCUS, which I struggle with!

Kerri said...

I love facebook because I have found so many old friends. But aside from that, I prefer blogging and much prefer reading a blog to people's one line status updates. This time of year is so blah that it doesn't lend itself to blogging because there's nothing interesting to report.

Louise and Tim said...

I love the current up to the minute one liners of Facebook but the stories on your blog are what I look forward to the most! Your creativity inspires me to keep trying to write. I'm afraid after spending so much time on facebook I can't seem to put together 2 sentences.

Brenda said...

I just started facebook last month. Its been fun to find out about old friends but the busy-ness of it has worn off now and I am not on it so much anymore. I much more prefer blogging.

Nat said...

I have noticed this too. I started a Facebook like a month ago and I have to say that I just don't get it. I like blogging better.

Gibson Family said...

I'm guilty too! I am like some of the others Beckie, it's a quick hit with the one liners : ) And I can write quick messages to friends to just say "hi". I will be better : ) I posted this weekend and even put up pictures!!! : ) Luv ya, miss ya more!

Laser Ink said...

Hi Beck: I love your blog and I love your music. I am trying to figure out how to blog, how to set up a blog and how to ????

Facebook also frusterates me too.

Is there a way that you can get playlist.com on my blog, when I try to get it, I get a error message saying it is broken. Then I go look up broken and it doesn't make any sense.

I am aching so bad to get music on my blog, I am going nuts. I lost 20 hours this weekend trying to figure it out.

Bus