Which in this case means fortunate, very fortunate. We have been busy, busy, busy with wonderful things. This time of year always makes for a series interesting events. We are flooded with birthdays and holidays and fun get-togethers, and honestly, it is my favorite time of year!
We start the year off with New Years and then two weeks later is my birthday. I am getting old that is a sad,harsh reality. I was okay with it last year, this year… not so much. I decided that to lighten the mood I would celebrate for the entire rest of the month. It was wonderful. On my actual b-day I received an interesting gift that I will have to write about later, it was not a gift I could unwrap but more a sweet gesture of friendship and an answer to my prayers.
A couple days before the actual day I came out of my bedroom and said in true Gilmore girl style, “It’s almost my birthday, are you soooo excited?” We love a birthday in this family!
Paige answered (of course) “Yes! What do you want for your birthday?”
I replied “I want to be spoiled rotten and not do dishes for the entire day!”
Paigie quickly quipped “Okay, we’ll try not to use any then….oh wait, did you mean you want us to do the dishes?” Then she giggled herself silly. Yes, folks, this is my life(and I adore every single moment of it)!
The night before my birthday Rich and I had a date night and went out to eat and then to see Twilight, what’s more is he took me again for our anniversary! Twice! This guy’s amazing I tell ya.
Tori made me a bunch of darling coupon sort of things that entitled me to a manicure, pedicure, massage , hair style, kisses and hugs and disallowed me to lift a single finger the entire day. Good stuff, folks. I soaked it all up like a trooper. All the day was full of birthday wishes and friends stopping by with goodies and birthday hugs. Phone calls, family visits, and e-mails sprinkled like confetti during the rest of the week helped in making my two week celebration special.
I went to breakfast with the “January Girls”, a group of ladies from our ward that I am proud to be a part of. There is something about celebrating with a bunch of friends, most of them over eighty, that helps put things in perspective. I have never had a more wonderful birthday. Thanks to everyone for making it so fantastic. The gift of family and friends is the best gift of all!
I do have photos, but you know where they are. I will post when I get them off the ever-loving camera.
The next, and most wonderful, was our anniversary. I am married to the most incredible person in the entire world. He is my very best friend, confidant, and soul mate. We are two peas in a pod he and I. I don’t think I can say anything more that will do it justice. I have never loved anything more and every day it just gets better and better. Thanks babe for making my life what it is. I love you… like crazy.
Next was Rich’s b-day. This guy is adored by all of us girls in this house. He was spoiled and loved and cuddled and kissed the entire day. We had a great couple days with fun outings and his favorite yummy foods,presents, and lots of laughing and teasing. He is starting to feel old and has to ask me how old he is, I am not sure he really is forgetting as much as denying. Funny guy. Someday I am sure we will look back and say "remember when we were only 38?" Bring it on.
Last, but not least, was Valentine’s Day. We had a fabulous day! For my b-day I was gifted a long wished for item… a Fondue Pot. A person cannot have just one fondue pot,you see, so Rich received one for his b-day as well. So, we had one for oil, one for cheese. What about chocolate you ask, well Valentine's Day provided the last fondue pot. Thank heavens, because you cannot have a Valentine’s party without chocolate.
With all the supplies we needed present and accounted for we were able to have a wonderful “FOND-A-YOU” party! We fondued ‘till our hearts content and had a blast. Yes, pictures are on the camera.
So there it is, a series of un-unfortunate events. We loved a lot, laughed even more and made memories to last a lifetime. I can't wait for next year.
9 years ago


4 comments:
Happy be-lated b-day, anniversary, another b-day, Valentine's etc;) It sounds like it's been wonderful. Wish we could be there to celebrate with you.
Oh my goodness Beckie, that all sounds wonderful! And Happy Belated Birthday to you. I have it on my calendar I promise : )
And what fun, we had fondue for Valentine's Day as well. Although we did not eat it until Monday because the flu bug came to visit our house on V-Day. The "sick" bug has been through our house a lot this winter. I am chalking it up to us sissy Californians getting used to the weather. I think by next year we will have this winter thing down pat!
I am glad to hear you had a wonderful day and that your beautiful family spoiled your rotten.
Hugs and kisses to all!
Jme
Beckie, you are way too cute, I can't stand it! This year I'm hitting the big 4 0!! Wahhh!! I've never had a hard time with age before, (well other than the fact that I am too old to have toddlers!) but I am not liking the idea of 40, I was suppose to be 40 and fine!!! It's alright I have 3 months!
I love that your family spoils you and you spoil them! Sounds like one big, ongoing party! Just like it should be!! (Happy Birthday and Valentines Day!)
I have to say that my husband and I had a great "engagement anniversary instead of Valentine's Day". We just went to dinner and laughed and laughed together and are so glad we are best friends and made for each other (sorry for the cliche). I am so glad you had some wonderful times.
Post a Comment