Life

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
-Unknown

Friday, November 6, 2009

Overflowing

I some how managed to break my computer. I am not sure how. I turned it off, not on purpose mind you, while trying to put a game in for my nephew. It will not turn back on. It is dead.

I have not had access to e-mail since. I had no idea how many times a day I checked that thing, until I couldn't. Kind of like when the electricity goes out and everything you think of to do to pass the time (like catch up on laundry, can peaches, clean the basement etc.) require electricity. You never realize how much you use it 'till it is gone, or in this case, dead.

Rich set me up so I could check my e-mail from his computer and imagine my surprise when I had over 400 messages just in a few days time. Sadly, it has absolutely nothing to do with me, it was simply a glitch in one persons e-mail that inadvertently re-sent the same e-mail about 350 times. Ya,it was a hard harsh reality.

Life here has been full of changes. I won't go into too many details here, for privacy reasons, but we have some house guests for a few months and that has been more than a little entertaining. The girls are enjoying having someone to play with as soon as they wake up and someone to play with until the moms say "time for bed."

Life is good.

We are moving right a long with school. The kids are learning a lot and I am re-learning some rather interesting things about the English language that I am not sure they taught back in the dinosaur age that I attended school ( or maybe I was talking and missed it...nah, couldn't have been that). One of the MANY perks of homeschooling.

Everyone is so thrilled Christmas is on the horizon. We are looking forward to a modest holiday this year filled with traditions and the real, pure joy of the holiday season. I hope it pans out the way I have it planned in my head. It will be the best and most enjoyable Christmas ever if it does (and I just know it will).

Well, that is a brief update. It seems like there is a lot going on, but when I try to write it, not so much. Our days are full, our hearts are full, and our home is full to overflowing. It doesn't get much better than that.

3 comments:

AndraƩ said...

I laughed out loud when you said that an email resent 350 times...I so can understand the pain :) really...though it has never happened to me I know what my reaction would have been...I would have picked up the phone to call you!!!! :)

Kristen said...

Hi Beckie! We still miss you tons! Hope you have great holidays!

Nettie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading your blog. I want to copy your Christmas, so you have to tell me a week in advance what my chores are for the next week. I have had a few rough Christmases and need help. I'm glad you have some guests...they are lucky! And...I adore the book cover that you are reading. It makes me want to frame it for my boys room. You are one of the best moms on the planet. I really mean it.