Life

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
-Unknown

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Advice

My father-in-law reminded me I needed to update. I try to be obedient, so here it is. We are still alive, here is one photo to prove it. We have been super busy and loving it!






-Rich had a couple business trips last month and I went on one as a stow-away. It was a blast! We went to Vegas, I know, gross, but it turned out awesome. As long as you keep your eyes trained upward, so as not to see all the discarded naked lady cards that they are trying to hand out to everyone and their child, it is very fun with lots to do and see.

We went to see BLUE MAN GROUP and I have to say I am now their biggest fan. I laid by the pool, and went to the gym while he attended his conference and then we would hang out and eat stuff, watch people, and shop, and catch up. It has been ten years ( I do not exagerate here folks) since we have been alone on a trip. Anyway, it was just what we needed and now I keep wanting to go back. Las Vegas...who knew?

-Girls camp last week, amazingly wonderful. Tons to say and tons of photos, I will post soon.

-Bodybugg, is the new love of my physical fitness life...no photos, but lots to say, stay tuned. Which reminds me...

-I have a new favorite workout DVD person (since I still have not found the need for a gym), her name is Cathe Friedrich. She is tough and I am in love.

-First ever semi-annual (with potential for lots more) block party, turned out super great, even though it was on the day I came back from camp and was wiped out. Thanks for coming everyone, and we will see you on August 4 for the real deal...

-Sisters luncheon, had a blast and have photos, too. I will post them soon. ( I am too lazy to go get my camera I think is the real deal here) ( I never EVER say "real deal" and I did it twice in two sentences...awesome!)

-Finally getting our back yard done. No photos yet, but when it is done I will post. It will be awesome to have it done and not be looking at dirt!

-Haven't camped yet, but going to soon. Last year we swore we were going to camp way earlier than the middle of July, here we are and still have not camped. I guess we are not technically in the middle yet, but we are booking up fast and will be in the middle soon, and no camping planned. It WILL happen though. Else I may cry, and no one wants that. Least of all me.

-Having a mid-life crisis/identity crisis. This has been interesting and sort of funny. I do want to post an entire thing about just this, in hopes that someone can relate and set my mind at ease. It should make for good times and hopefully a few laughs. I'll get on this one soon (like tomorrow).

-I got a new computer, it is wonderful and the part I love best is that the keyboard make a delightful clickity click noise as I type.

-Rich has started a new hobby of playing the drums, no photos yet, but I will get some. It is awesome ( remember the part about being the blue man groups biggest fan...) all I have to do is paint Richie blue and I could have a show every day.

He wanted to play the guitar ( I thought he did pretty well) but he felt like it was not going so well. He desperately wants to be musical and so thought he would give the drums a try but felt sad that we could not sing a long with them( I wonder if he was really sad, I am not a singer? Just wondering...). I promised him I would find a way, and to go for it.

He is working on a certain rythm now and I can easily sing two ( I am sure more) songs to it 1. BillieJean and 2. Where Have All the Cowboys Gone...see no problem! And just so you know, I really do sing ( and I really am not a singer). I dont know the words to either song very well, but I assure you that does not cause any trouble at all, I just make them up. Keeps eveyone on their toes ( and entertained, too. How great is that?)!

-I have a new favorite pass time. Its name is RODEO!!! No, I do not participate, and have yet to be invited to be the rodeo princess, but I love to watch. I hate the part when they rope those cute little cows ( which strangely remind me of our puppy) but the rest is good times.

Remember the part about an identity crisis? I want a cowboy hat. I know, I told you that post would be funny...that is just a glimpse at what I will disclose (if I don't chicken out).

Want another one? Glitter Nail polish. There, chew on that for now and I will be back tomorrow.

-Oh, and P.S., I loved Eclipse. Saw it twice in one day and planning on more. Favorite of the three, and Bravo Edward for his "old Fashioned" ways. I loved that it actually made the movie. The world needed the reminder!

3 comments:

Nettie said...

You are the cutest person alive inside and out.

I felt a twinge of pain during your work-out comments. I don't know how to start. Excuses excuses and I'm failing at most things health-wise. You're a fantastic inspiration. I'll get there. And I love rodeo's and make sad sounds when they rope the cows. Mostly I just like watching everyone ride around all fancy on their horses with cool clothes on. Love you. Let's play.

Louise and Tim said...

I love your posts and look forward to them. You inspire me!

Bekah said...

Beckie! You look amazing! I honestly barely recognized you! Seriously! I will have to check those workout videos out!