We are home. We survived. We even enjoyed camping.
I have so many really great things I want to write before I forget the stories or the emotion behind them, yet somehow I can not find the time or the right words to express what I am feeling or to do the stories justice.
I was overcome several times with the kindness of others (even some strangers). I mentioned before we would be relying on people to keep us alive and as it turned out our trip was literally saved by the kindness of a complete stranger.
We relied heavily on family to teach us the ropes and everyone was so supportive and kind to us. We learned a lot, we laughed a lot,and, best of all, we loved A LOT.
Thanks family. We love you like crazy.
9 years ago


4 comments:
Can't wait to hear....And see some picture's! I adore camping, with the right gear that is. I must say that it's more challenging as a parent. I don't care for the cleaning up, packing up, loading up part when we're finished, and I dare say I loath the laundry and endless washing when we're home, but the forest, rain, smell, visit, explore part....LOVE IT!
WISH WE WERE STILL THERE! (and had more time to visit) It's hard when you want to visit with your immediate extended family to get to the billions of cousins right?
I am glad you enjoyed camping, truly glad. I miss camping, actually. I haven't done it in awhile....
Hi Beckie! My mom told me you had a blog and I just found it on Danielle's blog. You'll have to stop by ours and say hi!
I heard you had a wonderful camping experience:-)
Jon and I often laugh that the love of that little camping spot is pure nostalgia. If you didn't grow up with it, it just seems a little...less than beautiful!
I still was sad not to make it and see everyone. Maybe next year!
Post a Comment