Life

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
-Unknown

Friday, November 16, 2007

For This I Am Grateful


My heart is so full of gratitude today that I can not wait until Thanksgiving to share my list. This list is partial, and in no particular order-

The smell of Froot Loops
The sun
A good belly laugh
Getting a note in the mail
Friends
Warm toast with butter and jelly
Our house that keeps us warm
Health
Family
My very best friend, Rich
Daisies
Christmas Tree’s
Candles
Vicks Vapo-Rub
My Mom
Good music that makes me want to dance
Knowing that nobody is watching me dance
Cami
Our School Room
Having Enough
Kittens
The sound horses make when they run
Roller Coasters
Grandma and Grandpa
Mountains
Thunderstorms
Chinese Food
Airplanes
Gordon B. Hinckley
Utah
Green Bean Casserole
Pink Toenails
Swimming
Frogs
Fireplaces
Good Books
Our Van
Taco Bell
Giggling Girls
Scriptures
Primary
Piano Lessons
Sam’s Club
Cinnamon Gum
My Bed
Feeling Strong
My library bag that weighs 50 Lbs.
Blog’s
Cousins
The gospel and all the blessings that we have because of it
Europe
The 80's
Vegetables
My Camera
Diamonds
Mascara
Having a coat
Electric Bread Knives
Peanut Butter M&M’s
Computers
Rich’s Job
The crisp Nebraska air
Taste of Home Magazine
Neighbors
Sun Chips
The Articles of Faith
Autumn
Finally being okay with being 35 (ahhh, just in time to be 36)
Going out to lunch with friends
Perfume
New York City
Josh Groban
Snow
Christmas
For the opportunity to change
Freedom
My life
Experiences and what they have taught me
Knowing I am never alone
Waking up to the pitter patter of tiny feet
The words I love you
The T.V. show Good Eats
Telephones
The song Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
Having a testimony that I can share with my children
Made up jokes
Band-Aids
Hot Air Balloons
Popcorn
Doctors
Good Cholesterol
My top 10 Christmas List
High School Musical
Jack-o-Lanterns
The Temple
Pine Trees
Crossing the finish line
My favorite pair of shoes
Red Wagons
Swings
Valla’s Pumpkin Patch
The smell of a campfire
Family Home Evening
Rice Krispie Treats
Being able to share opinions
Great talks with Tori
Whitney overcoming great obstacles
Paigie’s hugs
Rylie and her pig-tails
Rich’s strength and support

Well, I think you get the idea. I have indeed been blessed! As I look around and hear the sweet sounds of our house I could not possibly list everything I am grateful for. The most important thing I can think of did not seem to fit anywhere in this list without it seeming disrespectul in some way. It is my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am grateful as we move into the Christmas Season that we can reflect on His birth and how it changed the world.

1 comment:

Mama Mia said...

What a thoughtful list! We are thankful for you and your family!