
Last night started out awful. Rylie was up coughing, with a sore throat and had a raging fever. Her head was aching so badly I was starting to get really concerned. Then I remembered a funny thing some friends were discussing a few days ago. Vicks on the bottom of your feet will stop a cough. You put it on their feet and then put on socks and it will stop. I thought it was hysterical cause I remember, as a kid, being slathered in that stuff. I love the smell of it and always associate it with the loving tenderness of my mom rubbing it on my neck and chest and putting a warm damp washcloth to cover it up in an effort to sooth my cough and sore throat.
Lucky for me we have some. I went and got it and rubbed it on her little feet and grabbed some of Richs socks (hey it was 3am, I got what was close). IT STOPPED!!! Every once in awhile she would cough, but the uncontrollable hacking was over! I am in love!
Unfortunately, once I was up I could not go back to sleep. I am a walking zombie this morning. I did get to watch some pretty interesting cake making tips on the cooking channel, and I also learned how to deep-fry a turkey. So, all in all I would say it was a good night. Those are skills a person should not go through this life not having.


3 comments:
Hey Beckie. I found your blog link on Kerri's blog and decided to be nozy and take a peek. I love it! You take awesome pictures and have profound things to write. I am jealous of your half marathoning. That sounds like a great time. Keep it up.
Tchau,
Katherine Evans
Oh, Becky I need to buy some Vic's just to have on hand. I am glad it really works! We love deep fried Turkeys...Bruce does one every year!
I had no idea about the Vic's! I am going to try that. Last year we had fried turkey on Thanksgiving, it was the best turkey I ever had!
Post a Comment