Life

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
-Unknown

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's Things Like This I Wonder About


This is the time of year you start hearing those bells ringing. I love the Salvation Army bell ringers. There is one tiny problem. I feel guilty. I love to give money to this very worthy cause but here is the dilemma...The way I see it there are really only two ways to handle the situation 1. Give a one time large donation or 2. Give a small donation every time you pass a bell ringer thereby equaling the same total. If I do the first one I feel guilty every other time I pass the bell ringer without putting something in. If I do the second one I feel like I should be putting more in than the $.75 or whatever change I can scrape together. I am curious, what does everyone else do? One time donation or multiple smaller donations?

Tori has all the answers, "The money all ends up in the same place mom, so why do you worry?" I love that girl...

I do still want to hear everyones opinions though...

3 comments:

Flying Princess said...

I only give tithing and fast offerings to the church and other organizations that I have investigated fully. I also participate in adopting a family or a kid every once in a while.

In order to support the Salvation Army and other good-will (puns intended) industries, I shop at their stores and don't complain about the prices.

That's just me.

Mama Mia said...

I walk by with my head down. If I have my kids with me I let them each put a quarter in. I always wonder who are the bell ringers...volunteers? They always seem to be from out of the area.

Nettie said...

I give to fast offerings. I also give a little more during November and December if I can. Also this year we are donating toys (mostly so these foster kids have the experience of giving, since they are the recievers so much of the time). I don't give to the bell ringer. I feel guilty too, but not enough to reach for change. You're a good soul, Beck.