Life

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
-Unknown

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Omaha Friends...Are You Okay?





We just heard that Omaha was hit by a tornado in the middles of the night last night. How scary!!! The reports we heard (from the Omaha news online) were that there were no deaths and no serious injuries. I am praying that is accurate information, that all our friends are okay, and that the estimated 5000 people without power will be taken care of soon.


Scary stuff...

7 comments:

Gibson Family said...

We're ok. A little tired but ok. I had just woken up and told Jeff to check the news when the sirens went off. Thank goodness I had warned the neighbors yesterday about the practice sirens once a month, so they knew what to listen for. Hope everyone else is ok

Mama Mia said...

It was a crazy storm! Everyone in Lakeview is fine but a few had some tree damage! Got to love Omaha in the spring!

Heather said...

I am so tired. It was a long night. I am SOOOOOOO glad whitty woo wasn't here.

Mama Mia said...

Beckie how is your book..the Host? I am very interested!

Beckie said...

I have hardly been able to get to it...busy summering I guess. Tori however, devoured it and says she actually liked it a little MORE than Twilight series, if that is even humanly possible.

She keeps pressureing me to read it so she can talk to me about it so I guess I better get busy.

HAve you got it yet?

Barbies Blog said...

Well we had damage to our roof and water damage in my sons room. Other than trying to calm down Skyler for an hour, we were fine. Scary though. Don't go to church anymore but still want to be friends anyway. Hope that is ok.

ArchRay said...

It was scary when we found out the tornado (F1) came through woodlands then joined with an F2 about 168th and Center (?). Archie woke up to the crazy wind and I took the kids downstairs 20 minutes before the siren went off (by then it had passed). Kristen and company slept through it.

I am glad your second one wasn't here, too. Don't let her read this!