Lots of randomness today...
1. We are still in just about the same spot as we were a few weeks ago with our house. The guy was responding for a couple weeks and we jumped through a few more hoops and then he stopped again so the bank is going around him...Where have I heard that before? We'll see. And to those who asked it is in Eagle Mountain.
2. As far as the toilet paper thing is concerned, yes, I like it a certain way I like it to go over the top. Rich will change it to tease me and one day I said 'why do you like the toilet paper this way I can never find the end' ? He said 'Me either. I do it because it means I love you'.
So now it is our secret message...
3. We celebrated the first day of autumn in our usual way, but since we no longer live near an apple picking place we don’t make homemade apple sauce. I guess we could but to me it is not the same if we don’t pick the apples ourselves. Sad.
We had homemade baked potato soup and rolls, pumpkin pudding (that was a new addition, courtesy of Paige) and pumpkin cookies. We then had FHE followed by the annual “fall fashion frenzy” where we go through our fall totes and try on last year’s fall clothes to see what fits who and what new things we need to get. Then we finished out the night with a rousing concert on Rock Band. Good times at the Gilmores!
4. We made homemade rock candy for science the other day and I am happy to report it is going well! We also planted terrariums that day ( it was a busy science experiment day…) and they are also working well. We also put out bird seed for our two winged friends, and sadly, we have not had any takers. And lastly and certainly most disgustingly, we put left over chicken bones in vinegar (Tori is studying bones in science) to see what will happen.
So now on my kitchen counter I have these four beautiful jars with colored sugar crystals growing up a stick and one really ugly jar with chicken bones floating in vinegar. Ahhhh, the joys of homeschooling.
5. The kids are in the Highland children’s choir and love it. I am very excited to hear the Christmas concert.
6. Paigie crashed on her bike the other day. Her bike is WAY too small for her and we meant to get her a new one at the beginning of the summer. When she came in crying and all boogered up we both said ‘that’s it, this child needs a new bike’ so we spent the better half of Saturday finding her just the right bigger (and more beautiful) bike. She LOVES it and been riding that new bike more the last few days then she has ever ridden the old bike. Interesting huh?
While we were hunting we figured out that she has never had her very own bike. Poor middle child.
7. I have resigned myself to the fact that perhaps the fridge thing just won’t work out and I will have to figure out my own organization after all. Bummer.
8. Rich had a meeting yesterday with the presiding bishop and he was reminded how cool it is to work where he does. Whew…we needed the reminder.
9. Every Monday I say I am going to start walking again. By Wednesday (when nothing is happening) I determine that I need recommit to the next Monday (that organized part of myself thinks I can only start on Monday). So I am posting it so I will be accountable to someone. I never lie to others, but for some reason I am okay with lying to myself. Wish me luck.
10. I am reading Parenting with Love and Logic. These folks are on to something.
11. I meant to stop at ten, but I thought of something else...I am reading (or trying to, rather) Breaking Dawn. I don't enjoy it. Someone tell me that it gets better so I can finish the book. I think I am the only one on the face of the planet that can't seem to finish. I am stuck at the part where they know the Volturi are coming and Alice takes off. Some one help me...
9 years ago


3 comments:
Beckie hope you find a fun walking route...after a couple times it will feel like an old friend! Miss walking Z with you! Keep reading ...I hated that part as well. It does get better!
I love reading your randomness thoughts. You are a doll and I miss you terribly. The big move is Tuesday. So sad. :( Yes the book gets better. It was my least favorite though. Keep going.
I love it! I'm totally with you on the working out thing. If I don't have a work out in by Thursday, I give up on the week and promise I'll start on Monday!
Post a Comment