
I don’t like to watch television all that much. I usually end up offended by the barrage of unnecessary images that assault my poor unwitting senses. But, occasionally there is a useful item advertised that I wonder (aloud sometimes) how did I ever live without that?
Well, folks, that moment arrived once more.
I consider myself pretty organized, but I sometimes wonder what I could do to get myself more organized. I often hear my children shouting to me “Mommy where is the…(fill in the blank here)” we always follow that up with “If you put things back where you found it, we would always know right where it is when we need it again". They love that speech, by the way.
Even my husband, bless his darling heart, will ask me “Babe, do you know where the (fill in your choice of electronic gadget, gizmo, cord or thingy) is…”? Okay, that is hysterical on so many levels I don’t even know where to begin and I am quite sure I haven't enough room to type the reasons out, but I think we are all aware that I am not the type to know where those would be(or even what they are come to think of it). I always say “Well , the last time I used it ….” He laughs and rolls his eyes and continues the search.
The other day I heard a commercial, it was so familiar to me that it immediately caught my attention…there were children shouting “mom where’s the…” and the announcer said something like 'when you need to know where things are you need the KENMORE ELITE FRIDGE' —Who knew that the answer to my (and I believe the age old) dilemma was a refrigerator. Did I ever dare to dream that it was that simple? No. Did I even equate organization with a certain brand of refrigerator? No. Have I been struggling all this time for no good reason? YES! And unless you have this particular model of fridge, so have you.
Did you know that because it has the freezer on the bottom and both the fridge doors open at the same time it has a place for absolutely everything? You can store all your food in there , even big cakes and something like forty bottles of soda all at the same time. There's plenty of room for all the produce you could dream of possesing at once and all the condiments too! And best of all, You will NEVER have to look for anything ever again.
I feel really terrible now. I have a great fridge that I love. I won’t be in the market for a new one for a good 10 years,hopefully . Does that mean I will never be organized?
The questions that begs asking is this- If I bought one for just the organizational qualities it possesses would it still have the same effect over my entire house if I just used it for a dresser or bookcase?
If so then sign me up.


6 comments:
everyone I know that owns one is very organized :) I don't want to own one b/c where would the spontaneity be if you knew where everything was...I like the mad dashes around the house with all of yelling from room to the next before church, doc appointments, piano lessons etc looking for that all important "thing" that someone has to have to accomplish whatever they need to accomplish. And isn't fun to find it days later when you have already replaced b/c the amusement of the hunt wore off? Even better is when you find "it" covered with something that definitely has odor and you don't even want to know the "how" part of it. I love the "mysteries" or "treasure hunts" of life.
That's funny! I want the new washer that you load 6 months of detergent in and it disperses it for you. Stu said no way cause we just got a new one. I'm for anything that makes me more organized.
Where, oh, where in Utah have you gone?
I loved that Jane Eyre movie, too. In fact, I've watched it so many times, the DVD is probably worn out. It's my laundry day movie. I skip to all the good parts and watch them while I fold and put away laundry.
Wow! nice fridge! Ours broke and i wanted a new big one but instead.. we just got it fixed. bummer! Thank you for your comment. It makes me feel good. Drews sister inlaw actually put a whole post on her blog of how much of an idiot I am because I know nothing about what I am talking about. Ya that made me feel real dumb. So i'm glad at least someone liked it! shes kinda mean anyway. So you guys just bought a new house huh! thats awesome! i want to move to utah! i miss it so much. We are coming out in december for 3 weeks. We need to hook up with you guys. you were one of Drews favorite fams on the mission! Are you still home schooling? I want to look into that.. I know i still have like 4 years.. but dang! time goes so quick! Its so fun hearing from you!
Kaitlin just read an Arthur book about something that he just "had to have" that was advertised on TV and didn't actually do all the things it said it could. I think this advertisement may be kind of like that.....
Post a Comment