Hi! We are still here. The last couple years I have chosen a Christmas theme song, if you will, for each of us. This year Rich's song was The Elf's Lament" (because he loves it and he is a darling little elf) Mine is "Still, Still, Still" (Because I dream of a day that is Still still still) Tori's is "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" ( self explanatory, I think) Whitney's was "the Chipmunk Song" (the one where they are singing about all the things they want for Christmas...have I mentioned my day is full of her telling me what she would love to have for Christmas...there is not a long list, but we get to hear it a lot) Paige's is "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" (because, unfortunately, she had to have "the Santa Talk" this year...) and Rylie's is "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree" (because she loves nothing more than to blast the Christmas music and dance around our Christmas tree).
If you noticed, I said Whitney's was the Chipmunk Song. She told me we had to change it to "Where Are You Christmas". Every day Whitney asks me why it doesn't feel like Christmas. I don't know what to tell her. We are doing all the normal things that we always do for Christmas but honestly, I can't argue with her, it just has not felt like Christmas to me either.
Her and I have done a lot of brainstorming to see if we could come up with some reasons and what we decided was this...We are used to being in places that there is on overall grayness to the sky and air. Here, it is so sunny and even though it has recently gotten cold, from inside, it looks like it could be summer outside.
Until today that is....
SNOW!!! That is what we decided was missing. And we got it today! Not tons, but enough that now I think we will start to feel a little bit more Christmasy. I hope she lets us change her song back to "The Chipmunk Song". That's how i'll be able to tell that all is well in her Christmas world.
9 years ago


3 comments:
Your girls are all growing up so fast, and are so beautiful! I can't believe its been that long since we've seen you. I love the idea of an annual Christmas theme song. So cute.
I don't think I have your address to send a Christmas card. Would you email it to me? If you have Kim and Rich & Roma's could you send me those too?
My email is dallinjosh@yahoo.com
Your baby's look JUST like you Beckie! I miss you So much. Stephanie Green
Lots of people have been saying it doesn't seem like Christmas around here, too (everyone in Archie's carpool anyway--that's four people).
Post a Comment