Life

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
-Unknown

Monday, December 29, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Kidlets


Paige said something funny this morning, which is not uncommon, in fact it is the norm around here. I politely laughed and she then said, 'If I am so funny, where in the world did I get it from'?

I stood there with my mouth hanging open and one eyebrow raised clear to the top of my head, I am sure. A little stunned I think.

'I mean, dad isn't funny ALL the time, and you aren't super funny ALL the time'. Which was followed by a tender and loving pat to my arm, meant to reassure me that I was, indeed, still loved.

This was quickly followed by, 'No offense, mom'. She must have seen my face.

Rylie, wanting in on the action, quickly replied, 'I think you got it from Grandpa'.


Likely. Very Likely.