It is interesting to me that there can be so stinkin' much going on, yet nothing really to post about. I can't make my brain write in a way that would be pleasing to read, but I have to at least document my life in some sort of way so that someday I will be able to remember that it happened...so it gets to be a list.
1. We moved in our new house and boy oh boy...we have a lot of stuff. We had a local moving company help us cause our stuff is heavy (and we are old) and those sweet things worked 'till 5 AM! yes, you read that right it was after five in the morning when the finally left. They didn't start until 4 in the afternoon, but still that is devotion. Nevermind that they get paid hourly and have had very little work lately. We still had a basement full of things like food storage and all our school stuff (that had a beautiful school room to call home in Omaha...sniff sniff...)that Rich and I had to get this past weekend in a U-haul. Will it ever end?
2. We had Thanksgiving in our new house with Rich's sister and her family. IT was great fun and the food was delicious and it was fabulous to be with family once again.
3. We cant' wait for Christmas!
4. The girls are in a choir and they have a concert coming up and we are super excited!
5. We love our new ward!!!!!!!!! That is huge. We are so happy to be here and know that we are not leaving (I say ever, but Rich will not promise me anything...I know he thinks so too, you just never know though, I guess.) and can make some roots and live happily ever after.
6. I guess thats all. I thought there was more. Oh, I thought of another, we had to buy a 12 foot Christmas tree! That thing is huge. We love it, but we only had enough decorations to do the front so if you stand just right you can see the back is bare. If you come to visit, please dont climb behind the tree or you will be really sad.
7. I love this time of year. I am delighted every day to find something fun to do with my kiddos to make it special. I have collected Christmas books for a long time now and the girls are so happy when I get them out. We have a little tradition here, we read our scriptures and then we have this book that we read every night called the 24 days of Christmas (it is actually a binder we made at Enrichment once )that has a song, a scripture and a story. We read that then we open a door on our big advent house thing, and then we read a couple of the books from my collection. We are loving doing that each night.
So I guess that abour wraps it up....What are some of your Christmas Traditions?
9 years ago


3 comments:
WOW...Life is busy, but it sounds good. I want to see your new house!
Hope your holidays are GREAT!
I wish I could be there to see it all. We buy a Hallmark Ornament every year together (which can be quite the problem since everyone has ideas about what they want). I am a little Christmas crazy and love to decorate for Christmas.
hey I want to see a picture of that 12 footer :) I love tall Christmas trees...I love Christmas trees.
Post a Comment