We had a great day today, all the usual morning festivities and then the afternoon lull. Finally a second to make those calls to wish friends and family a wonderful day, and then I hear this thud,tumble,tumble thud, then an ever so brief silence...then the shriek.
Rylie took a pretty good tumble down our stairs landing squarely on her pretty little face. At first (and second, third, and even fourth) look her split lip looked recoverable...but by evening she was fretting more about it and she kept telling me 'I can stick my tongue in my gums (meaning her split lip)'... so I looked again. UGH!
When I had looked before all I could see was the outside of her lip, I could not see the inside very well, and well, it was not pretty.
I called in my second opinion man, he glanced and nodded his head without me even asking a question, We discussed the options, did a little research, and then decided to take her to the E.R.
Christmas night in the E.R. is interesting. We were not the only ones there waiting for a stitch or two lets just say that.
Anyway, turns out they don't like to do stitches (they call them sutures, I love medical people) in the mouth because it heals so quickly on it's own. She gave us a really cool ice pack for her huge fat lip then Rylie did a little jig in her seat and before we knew it we were on our way home.
Everyone is now tucked snugly in their beds settling down for a long nights sleep. Just as it should be on Christmas night.
All's well that ends well, right?
9 years ago


4 comments:
Oh sweet girl!!! That is no fun on Christmas day. Give her big hugs from our family.
Wow! A little too exciting? The girls loved the eagles.
You are so creative with your blog title too. How did you get so lucky to be so skilled and creative?
Wow! That makes for a memorable Christmas!!! I think we are musical buddies!!! I love all of your songs! Yeah Twilight!
Post a Comment