


So, here’s the thing, I don’t have a ton of extra time to sit leisurely reading some randomly chosen book from the library. I mean what if it wasn't great? I would have wasted an entire week or so of my limited reading time budget. So I am a strict "recommendation only" reader. I will only attempt to read books that come highly recommended by my friends. So, that being said, I have to tell you, Mia told me about these books very enthusiastically, only omitting one very important part…the plot. She said “They are so great, I have read them cover to cover in one day. I just cant put them down (Mia is a busy person, I know she doesn’t have much time in her “reading budget” either I'm thinking it must be really good!), but I wont tell you what they are about or you will think it is dumb and not read them” . She knows me to well. So I came home, and looked at Amazon and put them in my cart to buy later ‘cause I had some things for school to add. Clearly I had no idea the urgency I was dealing with here!
Apparently, I was the very last person to find out about them, because after that I noticed a buzz about them everywhere I would turn. One night Rich and I went to Barnes and Noble while on a date and I caved. I bought the book FULL PRICE (and it was worth every shiny penny, I did however, order the remaining two that night). I read that thing cover to cover in 11 hours. I don’t do that! EVER! I would feed my kidlets and run back to reading. I had to go to the grocery store; I have never bought groceries with less enthusiasm. I had dry blurry eyes and a headache, but nothing could stop me, nothing! I had to find out what happened to these unlikely friends. And then disaster stuck…the book ended. I had to wait for the next books to come from the man in brown. After all, it was $7.00 cheaper from Amazon I hadn’t lost complete sense (that’s a relief huh? I know some were wondering...). Who knew I was going to be in such a bad way…
I am a little less than half way through the last one and I have had to slow down now that we are full steam into school. It has been torture, but the worse thing is that Tori has the bug bad too! She has finished all three. She knows more than me and I can’t stand it! I should be reading right now, but I am not. I am writing and wishing I was reading, and then you know what will happen, I will have to make breakfast, and then guess what will happen…I will have to eat it, then do school and then go to the gym and on it will go until 10:00 tonight! But that’s okay, ‘cause at 10:01 I will be sitting in my comfy chair with a book in my hands reading about two star crossed loves…who cares that one is a VAMPIRE!


1 comment:
So glad you love the books too! Pace yourself you have to wait one more year for the next one! No, really hurry and read so we can walk and talk!
Post a Comment