
When Rich was little they went to a super fun place called Clover Creek where they would play and have a picnic. I have watched the family videos more than once and laughed alongside everyone as they would reminisce about how much fun they had.
Yesterday Rich came down stairs and said “hey, lets go on a picnic to Clover Creek”. I could vaguely remember him taking me there once on our way home after a missionary farewell in Dugway, long before we were even married. It is a small little campground in the middle of nowhere. It had a few little campsites and a stream ran right through the middle of it. I wasn’t positive I remembered the actual place very accurately, but I for sure remembered the videos.
So, we loaded in the car after I packed a haphazard picnic and we drove for 48 miles through the beautiful sagebrush covered mountains.
We arrived at Clover Creek and then magic happened. Suddenly all the things that have had us completely bogged down with worry or concern were non-existent. We giggled about the funny things we remembered from the family videos, we squealed about the bugs, we marveled at the creek that literally “springs” from the ground, we splashed around in the creek, we had really delicious PB&J sandwiches(except for Rich who gags at the very thought), and best of all, we made some really incredible memories.
The kids loved the tree swing that went out over the stream and Rich loved the rope swing that dragged him from the safety of the riverbank into the stream. But the part I loved best was the music of everyone’s laughter that filled the air as we played together and ate together and made memories we will never forget…even though we did not get one stitch of it on video.


2 comments:
Beautiful picture! It sounds magical! Love those moments!
What a great day. I love to make memories like that. Sometimes it is better to just put the camera down and leave the memory keeping to your heart.
Post a Comment