


I am being held captive by my imagination, thanks to the books in the Fablehaven series! I am unable to complete any thoughts (see post below) without the intrusive visions of fairies and naiads. I cannot stop reading, we are all going hungry and I barely stop to well, you get the idea.
These books are captivating. I devoured the first one in less than seven hours...and I am not even a speedy reader.
I dreamt about it, I woke up relieved to see the second one in the series available and sitting here on the shelf beckoning me to come and devour it too.
Last night I skipped fireworks (its pioneer day in Utah, that’s almost a sacrilege...) so I could continue reading.
We three sat here reading as fast as we could to find out what happens in Fablehaven( I had on the first book, Rich had the second, and Tori had the third… ) will they conquer the witch Muriel, will the fairies ever forgive Seth for the unfortunate misunderstanding , will Lena ever be the same, and the secret in the barn, Holy Cow, that was unexpected!
Someone save me. I have things to do, lots better things than using my imagination to take me to far off places where I get to save Fablehaven. Okay, maybe I don’t.
See ya, I gotta go read.


4 comments:
Okay, so I have to admit that I lost the link to your blog and hadn't been reading it recently. I just read all the way back to your post about cooking new foods, anyway, you are hilarious. I love the way you write! It was fun to catch up!
I have to admit I get that way too about certain books, I just can't seem to put them down. Dinner? While I am reading?...NO WAY! I feel your pain Beckie : )
Hey Beckie! Those Fablehaven books were written by (okay here comes a long connection) Christian's sister's husband's mission companion. (christian's sister's husband is also my sister's husband's brother. confusing, I know.)
anyway, he came to Hawaii to do a book signing (for some reason it's not hard to get authors to come here) and he totally remembered Uncle Nate and Nathaniel got all starry-eyed and asked if the Sphynx was good or bad and Grant won a T-shirt that says "Break the Rules, Pay the Price" and we now have a "Trespassers will be Persecuted" sticker on our front door and, you get the picture.
good fun, great reading.
I haven't even started the Twilight Series Yet! AAAAHHHH!
Post a Comment