Life

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
-Unknown

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Girls Camp



Tori left a minute ago for her first ever girl’s camp. I know she is going to have a blast, but somehow I already miss her. This feels like when I sent her off to kindergarten...

I know she will have a super great time but this is uncharted territory. I have never sent one of my little bundles off into the great unknown for three days. This is sort of a rite of passage for teenage (did I just say the " T " word?) girls. She is ready, she is able, she is...gulp... growing up.

But am I ready? That is the real question.

She is a remarkable girl, my Tori. She wants nothing more than to do what is right (and sometimes causes quite a commotion trying to be sure everyone else is doing the same...).

She has looked forward to this for months. She has shopped for her secret sister, packed her bags,VERY carefully chose just the right goodies to share so there would be something for everyone’s different tastes , tried on new jeans, made bandannas, made jammie pants, and well , the list is endless.

At camp they will be in the beautiful setting where those photos were taken and they will do all sorts of fun things like archery, shooting rifles, swimming, throwing knives (the one she is most excited about), repelling, hiking, singing fun camp songs, eating yummy camp food, and I am sure giggling...alot (after all these are little, uh , I mean medium, girls we are talking about).

It's going to be so great and she'll be back in a few days,probably seeming even more...dare I say it...grown up-- and hopefully with all her original limbs still attached.

Have fun medium girl. We will miss you. I love you like crazy!!!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I miss going to girls camp so much. Those were some fun times. I, however, cannot even fathom letting my daughters go. I am feeling your pain..well...not quit yet maybe but I feel for you.

Nebraska Cottrell's said...

I'm so excited for Tori. What an awesome time she's going to have. Hope she has blast. We miss her in our Young Women's Group.
Lindsey

Mama Mia said...

Wow Tori at camp! She will have a great time...sounds like half the fun is the preparation!

ArchRay said...

Those growing pains that mom's get. I never realized how hard it was on my mom when I was the child.

Mama Mia said...

How did it go?