Life

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
-Unknown

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

American Girls-The dolls and yours truly




This post sort of evolved into what could have been two seperate posts. I should have seperated them so as to look like a very prolific writer that posts a lot,but alas, I did not. One post, two seperate (but equally important)stories...

True to American Girl standards this movie was wonderful. I thought it was incredibly well done. We went for Rylie's Birthday the other day and LOVED it. We have several of the American Girl dolls and their baby doll counter-parts Bitty Baby. We love them so much and the quality is unbelieveable. The clothes could be used for real babies.

We had a great time for Rylies B-day. She is the big 8 years old now. We are prepareing for her baptism and she could not be more excited. We have lots of pictures I have wanted to post but I have a new computer that I haven't learned how to upload photos from my camera...which reminds me of a super funny story...hold on to your seats friends this one is embarassingly hysterical...


Awhile back my computer started acting weird, it was sort of old so it was not unexpected. Anyway, I said to Rich one day "I need a new computer...this one is driving me crazy" his eyes lit up and he got all excited (which I expected cause thats what happens whenever I suggest a new electronic gadget) because to him that translates into "Honey, you get a new computer".

See, how it works in this house is, when my computer gets too old and slow I get Rich's computer and he gets a new computer. He needs more memory and the faster stuff for his work. All I do on it is blog ,check e-mail, a few favorite web-sites, and our school stuff, so I dont need all the bells and whistles and it works out great. He started researching what we needed right away and decided on a new MAC (which we love, the photo stuff is awesome...) Anyway, this is not the story...

After he re-built his machine and made the switch my old computer stayed sitting here beside my side of the desk (where it was) for a few weeks. We were trying to decide if we wanted to keep it here for the kiddos or what. A few times Rich saw me reach down and push the power button on that machine and he would chuckle and say "Your button is over here now babe..." and point to his computer, which stayed in its old spot since the MAC has the computer built into the monitor (confused yet?).

I keep fussing about how I cannot upload photos anymore since we switched computers. I always think of it when we were not at home so he can never look at the computer right then to see what I meant. Then we forget about it. Well, one day I was fussing about it again and he said "Tell me what it does" and I said "Well, when I stick the memory card in the slot nothing happens...it used to come up with a..." He said "Your computer doesn't have a slot anymore"....then dead silence followed by hysterical laughter.

I had been putting it in my old computer. The one that was sitting here lifeless and unused. Uh, ya, that would explain it. When you put a memory card in a computer that is not hooked up to anything (or even plugged in for that matter) it doesn't usually do anything...UGH!!! (Now I bet you understand why I dont get the new computer...)

So there you have it. Scary but true.

5 comments:

Gibson Family said...

That is so funny! And something I would do too! I can just see you now...hee hee.

Congrats on the new Mac and the old/new computer. I love my Mac but it does take a lot of getting used to so make sure that Rich shares some so you can learn too!

Tell Rylie Happy Birthday for us. Kayla sent her a homemade card but I mailed it late so she should have it later this week.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Rylie roo!!!! That story was hilarious. Thank you for sharing your story no matter how embarrassing it was.

Beckie said...

The really sad part is that I did it several times, not just once...I think Rich's title of "resident computer genius" is permanent...at least until Tori catches up to him.

Flying Princess said...

Funny. I just found out (after having my computer for nearly two years) that I have a memory card slot. AND I consider myself rather computer savvy.

Also, I didn't know you moved to Eagle Mountain. I figured you were farther north near the wilderness. I have friends in Eagle Mountain (plural including you). Now I can better picture your life as you explain it so well on your blog.

ArchRay said...

So, sounds like the movie was cute. Did Tori think she was too old for the dolls now? That's funny about the computer. I wish I could say that I relate, but I used to be the one at work in Washington that people would ask to work on their computers before they called the hospital computer team. Often, I could fix it first.