Life

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
-Unknown

Friday, October 10, 2008

Just Wondering


You know how sometimes you wake up in the middle of the night with a migraine, and so you take your medicine and then suffer in silence until you can finally fall back to sleep just in time for your hubby's alarm clock to start its morning non-sense, and even though it doesn't hurt quite as bad after you get up and take a bath (and then a shower so you can wash your hair) it happens to be the day that you go swimming for school, and you also have to make a stop at Wal-Mart first to pick up things for your assigned “finger food” cause tomorrow is Super-Saturday and you get to make some cute Halloween decorations, but secretly you are thinking you don’t really need one more painted pumpkin or Witch boot but you love super-Saturday so you are determined to go, and today is also your much needed (and anticipated) hair appointment that you have to go to cause your roots are sticking out over an inch and a half, and you even put make-up on this morning cause you don’t want to be the only ugly person in Utah county even though it even hurts to touch your eye lashes (and brushing your teeth is an even worse experience), and you know that it is going to be really loud and hot at the pool but you don’t want to kids to miss their exercise, except for your oldest one who recently got contacts, so this week she is refusing to swim because she doesn’t want to have to go without her wonderful new eyes, and you don’t really want to make her feel sad today so you say fine (although you don’t really mean it), and your darling beloved husband stepped really hard on a huge rock in his bare feet when he was taking out the trash last night and now he can barely walk and you are wondering how he is doing?

Ya, me too. Wish me luck.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

I had one of those days Friday too! I hope today is better:) Good luck!

Nettie said...

Ahhh, I'm thinking about ya. You are better than me, because when I have those kind of days(minus the husband part), I call everything off. And....I just wash my hair in the tub...everyday. Am I gross? Ya, I thought so. Love you!

Brenda said...

Oh sweet Beckie, sorry. HUGS to you......

Danielle and Fam said...

Um...no that doesn't happen to me, just kidding similar things happen to me everyday! You are a hero!

Kerri said...

Ouchy! And seriously, I can relate after having a three day migraine last week. I hope you survived!

Louise and Tim said...

Becky, I hope you survived because I so look forward to every post you make to your blog. You inspire me!

Drew, Leah, Saige,Lillie and Kaiya Whitehead said...

Man! That sounds like one tough day! I hope you're ok now! I miss you guys. I really miss your strawberry fruit dip stuff.. wait.. I miss all your yummy food! haha Can we stop and see you guys in Dec? We'll be in Utah from Dec 18 till Jan 08. Let me know!