Life

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
-Unknown

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Tragedy In Omaha


It started out as an eventful day with the President visiting Omaha. We sat here glued to the TV watching his plane arrive and later it leaving to return the president to Washington DC but then suddenly the news got very scary.

Yesterday afternoon a young boy went into an Omaha mall and opened fire in a crowded store. Eight people died and several more were injured before he took his own life. My heart is breaking today for the families and loved ones of those who have died and also the family and friends of the boy who has done this terrible thing.

You never think something like this can happen in your safe little community and I know for me when I hear these kinds of things it never seems real. I guess it is a coping mechanism. But I have to say this feels very real and way to close to home. It makes me reflect on past violent occurrences with more of an understanding of the grief people must have felt. What an unforgettable day in Omaha.

No comments: