
Wow! I had a birthday that will be in the books as a special day forever. My girls are amazing. Rich is not here and so that part was beyond sad. Tori went above and beyond to make my day special. She has been planning for weeks! She ordered a new blow-dryer for me online, all by herself, using her gift card she got for Christmas. Then one day we went shopping and she took the other girls around the store shopping while I busied myself elsewhere. She gave them each a certain amount of HER money she earned babysitting. They chose their gifts and checked out and then came and found me.
I got a lovely necklace and earring combo and some candy from Ryla Roo
A bag of Peanut Butter M&M's,some beautiful body spray and an embroidered masterpiece from Whitty
A darling Pink Bird photo holder (the kind with coiled up wire to hold the photo)with pink hearts for wings and some Dove Chocolates from Paigie.
A blowdryer, hand made heart shaped pillow with MOM embroidered on it, little slipper socks (they weren't really little) and some chocolate from Tor Tor.
They made a delicious dinner with help from grandma. We had my favorite yellow cake with chocolate frosting for a treat later. Tori got me number candles, thank goodness, otherwise it would have burned down the house.
I think that is a wonderful day. I was pampered and loved all day long. It doesn't get better than that...(well, okay I can think of one thing that would have made it better than that, but I cant think about that part or I cry.) It made the fact that I am on the down slope to 40,( but still on the up slope to 50!)a little bit more tolerable!


5 comments:
Yes, Happy Birthday DEAR YOU! I am so glad you were born, and even gladder that I know about it. Your girls really ARE amazing. You have taught them how to truly make someone feel special, because you make them feel so special. You really are one of the greatest mothers I know. I'm sure your mom watched you Sunday. She knows you're alone and would be with you if she could. I'll bet Jan 13 is her favorite holiday. I'm so glad you are surrounded by sweet girls and others that love you. It will always be that way, because everyone loves you. Happy late birthday, my cousin and friend.
Happy Birthday! I have really enjoyed our friendship and the only thing that could make it better would be for you to tell me you are staying. Unfortunately that won't happen so, we will definately have to keep in touch. (I'm still the same age) :)
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BECKIE DEAR! HAPPY DAYS WILL COME TO YOU ALL YEAR! Sorry this wish is belated but I didn't know . . .I'm glad your kids treated you so well. Your Tori is sure something!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKIE!
Wow, it sounds like you had a great day. What thoughtful kidos you have! My favorite gifts are always the ones the kids make or buy themselves. I can't believe Tori used her own gift card to buy you a gift, well yes I can but still SO THOUGHTFUL!
Hey.... is this thing on????
Testing, testing.
Happy Anniversary Beckie and Rich!
Love you guys.
Post a Comment