I had this memory of Rich's family having a "puzzle on" at Christmas time. They would gather round and work on it. To me it was really hard. I would get so frustrated when I could not do it. I could not look at the piece and tell where it was supposed to go by its shape, and only rarely could I tell by the picture. I am not a puzzle person....until now.
Whit got a new 700 piece puzzle for Christmas and so when Grandma was here we got it out and worked hard on it. It was a lot of fun, just visiting and working. I found out though that Grandma was not the one who loved puzzles like I thought. So the two puzzle dis-likers and the one puzzle lover (and occasionlly Grandpa) would plug away. We didn't finish the 700 piece one. It was too hard once we got to the part where all the pieces looked alike. So we took it apart and started an easier one. 300 pieces! Perfect!
Here we are witht he 700 piece one-it was so cute! But really hard!

This is more like it...300 pieces (and they were sorta big)!

All finished--Hooray!

Whit's favorite part...destroying it.


And this one I did all by myself yesterday...550 pieces even. I know, no reason to get all full of myself...but hey, this is a major accomplishment for me.

So there you have it. There were a few more that we did in there that I did not photograph. One of them we were so close to finishing and then someone wanted to come see the house so we took it apart. Man, that just about killed me. Maybe I will do it again someday.
I am going to the store today and I am going to buy more puzzles. Weird.


1 comment:
If I went to look at a house and there was a puzzle on the table, I'd write an offer on the spot. I'd want to live in a home where the family before me sat together and put together puzzles. I vote you leave it on the table next time.
Post a Comment