Life

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
-Unknown

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Must Have?

Sometimes I leave the television on all night to help me sleep. I am often amazed by the infomercials that are on in the wee hours of the morning. I am even more amazed that I am even able to function in my daily life without these items.

Do you know that with this Shark carpet cleaner thingy you can vacuum up spilt nails? And to think that my entire life, every time I have spilt nails, I just picked them up. Who knew?

And for those of you with back problems, this thing can vacuum under the couch (since the only thing keeping us from vacuuming under the couch is our inability to bend at the waist?)! And for special treat it is so light that whenever the mood might strike you can heft this thing above your head and do a little jig (except those of you with back problems).

Another item that I guess I have been living in the dark-ages without is Mighty Putty. This stuff is really amazing. You can use it to re-attach the head of your hammer if for some reason it falls off. You can bang and bang and that thing will not come off! But wait, there's more, if for some reason you break the handle off a hot chocolate mug you just fashion a new one out of this stuff and presto good as new!
But wait it gets better ,if you ever scoop up a glass of water from your fish aquarium and suddenly find a hole in the glass just quickly grab a dab of Mighty Putty and patch the hole. It is convenient and attractive. Do not worry I saved the best for last, if a link in your huge, heavy duty chain breaks you can just make a new one out of Mighty Putty and it will hold up an entire cinder block! Can you imagine that?

Another apparent must have is the Tater Mitt. This thing seems almost too good to be true. You can peel a potato by just rubbing it around in your hands while wearing these spectacular mitts(yes, you read that right). It doesn't get any easier than that.


I don't know why they only advertise these things during the 3-5am hours. Don't you think people need to know about this stuff?

3 comments:

Andrae said...

I love you :) I mean I just love you!!! I love your humor...thanks for the smiles...

Flying Princess said...

I am just loving it!! And wait, there's more!! You took the time to look up these items on the internet to get photos.

I want to be like you.

Really, I do.

Nettie said...

You're a hoot, Beckie! I miss your humor. I need to live closer to you 'cause I miss hearing you laugh...it's the greatest, you know. And to top off all this fun stuff....you're an angel.