Life

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
-Unknown

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Life Is Good...Once the Kinks Are Worked Out



Life around here is starting to feel like something vaguely familiar. We moved in such a hurry I sort of felt like a snow globe-- all fine and dandy and then some really well meaning person comes and picks up the poor unsuspecting thing and shakes the bejeebees out of it and then stands back and watches the pretty thing twinkle and shine. Yep, that was us. We were fine and then we were all shook up and now we are waiting for the dust,er, glitter to settle.

We were basically settled by the Friday following the trucks arrival, but there has been A LOTgoing on. We have had tons of company (which is one of the perks of being here)both from out of state and in state. We are happy to see old friends and family! My kiddos are loving the COUSINS! Hooray for cousins! Hooray for cousins! and one last time HOORAY FOR COUSINS! Best thing ever invented (after GrandPA's and GrandMA's of course).


We are back at school this week and it feels really great. It feels like we are almost back on track. I am missing my school room, but will try to get a grip. The girls are actually glad to be back in the books, which to me, speaks volumes. I think they feel as much like a snow globe as I do, if not more. They have been remarkably good natured about it.

I have been called to be the Laurel advisor in our ward and I am super excited. My first item of business is a YW campout tomorrow night. We are sleeping in a tee-pee. I know I know... any of you that know me just fell out of your chair in hysterics. Probably almost like what I did when she asked me to come. I don’t camp. Not because I don’t like to, I just have never been given the “opportunity”. Stay tuned for more on that. I will post if I survive, I mean, when I get home.

5 comments:

Heather said...

you will have a blast. You are going to be amazing at that calling.

Barbies Blog said...

Beckie you will definately entertain the young women! :) I'm sure Tori is going to love you being in YW with her. Thank you so much for the comment, it lifted me out of my blues.

ArchRay said...

Wow! You have a gift for description. I did fall out of my chair. It cracks me up. I love to camp and you "get" to do it.

Nettie said...

How in the WORLD do you always get such major callings after only being in your ward for a week??? You need to smile less. I'm glad you're getting settled and feeling better. Tell the kiddlies hello for me.

Heidi A said...

Glad to hear you are getting settled. Sounds like fun times ahead!