I am home safe and sound and none the worse for the wear. I even LIKED it. We had a lot of fun and I was mostly taking it all in (life with teenagers is new and a little frightening to me, remember?). I learned a few new things and I loved it most when someone would start to grumble about roughing it and one of a few girls would gently remind them (with a "get real" look on their face) "we are in someone’s backyard" not really too rough. There was one darling girl I will forever be indebted to for saving my life, she stayed up most of the night stoking the fire so we wouldn't freeze to death. After all it was below freezing last night. It was terribly cold and I have never been happier so see the sun rise.
Home Sweet Home

My new thing #1-roasted Starbursts...DELICIOUS!!!

My view from my sleeping spot...glorious sunshine. I dont know how many times I looked up hoping it was daylight so I could get warm! Then finally...hooray! Thanks Michelle (and her loyal assistants) for your dedicated fire building and maintaining service!

This darling red lump is Tori...told you we were cold.

The Tomahawk girl

The view is to die for.
7 comments:
That looks like it would have been so much fun.
Oh my heavens, I was picturing you up in the mountains, surrounded by hungry animals, having to rub rocks together.:) Tell the girls hi for us!
Glad you made it. Sorry it was so cold so you couldn't enjoy it more.
Love the teepee! Glad you are finally warm!
This is so cool. About the same time you were in your teepee, my boys and I were taking part in a real sweat ceremony in a Pima Hohokam. They were doing the ceremony just for my little family. It was incredible. I'll have to tell you about it sometime. We certainly weren't freezing like you were. Maked you grateful for automatic thermostats, doesn't it?
Ah, home sweet home! I love the mountain picture. It reminds me of home. Good job, you happy camper (is happy the right word?) You survived!
Nice teepee
Post a Comment