Life

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
-Unknown

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Precious Paige



Paige is another year older. I am thrilled for her that she is getting older and that she is healthy and happy. What more could a mother ask for right? I will tell you. I wish that I could slow down time, I wish that I could somehow make my time with her last as long as possible before she goes off to conquer the world. I have enjoyed every minute since they placed that squishy little fuzzy-headed baby in my arms. Paige has brought so much joy to our family and,thankfully, it never seems to end, it just gets better and better.

Here are some of my favorite things about Paigie-

She has brown hair…the only one of my kiddos to take after me. When I ask her why she is so stinkin’ cute she says “cause I look like you” and she actually thinks that’s a good thing.

She is creative. She loves to make things and loves to think of interesting things to do.

She is funny. She likes to make up her own jokes, and honestly , they are usually pretty funny.

She is friendly. Everywhere we ever go Paigie makes a friend.

She is quick to laugh and brings everyone a lot of joy.

She collects little things and has a little bucket on her dresser that holds all her special treasures.

She is amazingly good at the computer. In this way she takes after her dad(which she also thinks is a wonderful thing) and she is not slow to remind me of that fact when necessary i.e. Boy, I am glad I take after dad and was able to fix that computer problem for you...

She has tons of faith.

She is very clever and does really well in her school work.

She is still very cuddly and is always willing to give a hug when needed.

She loves gum!

She wants to be a baker and own her own bakery (she has even promised to have Bavarian cream donuts just for me)

Someday she wants to be a mother (Due to the possibility of pain, up until just recently, she was only willing to consider adoption as a reasonable option for aquiring children).

She loves to swim.

She adores her family—
And we love her too.

Happy Birthday Paigie! I hope you had a great day and that you know how much we love you.

A Birthday Hug


Two sisters ready to party!


Whitney was making a sign to put outside welcoming party-goers...
A gift from Aunt Niki- Paige was thrilled and said "Apparently, money does grown on trees!"

9 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Paigey!! We miss you so much!!!

Gibson Family said...

Happy Birthday Paige! I know Ian won't let us talk to you right now so we are all sending you big kisses and hugs online! We hope you had a spectacular day and loved that cake!
Jeff, Jamie, & Kayla

Mama Mia said...

Happy Birthday to my primary/activity day buddy!

Barbies Blog said...

Happy Birthday Paige! I like the money tree, really cute idea!

ArchRay said...

Happy Birthday from us too! Cool money tree! What a great idea.

I agree about stopping them from growing so fast. She is a great little girl-oops-not little. How about young.

ArchRay said...

Carmen just saw your blog and said with an excited voice "That's Pagee!" Then I showed her all the others and she smiled and named everyone.

Kerri said...

I love your lists. Today's about Paige was really cute. Happy Birthday Paige! I can't believe how grown up she is. Time flies!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday cute Paigey!!!!!

Nettie said...

Tori was the 9-yr-old when I came to see you! Paige was just a cute little 5-yr-old. She's the one that said "you're a powda (pouter)...not the kind you spwinkle". Time flies. Miss you Paige! I hope you had a great day!