
Today is Rich's mamma's birthday. The natural thing to say right here would be “I have grown to love her”, but that would not be the truth. For me it was instant I have not had to "grow" to love her. I don’t think anyone has to do that. She is amazingly sweet and tender and is devoted to her family in a way that is beyond comprehension.
When Rich and I were first married I would tell people lovingly that my mother-in-law was like Mary Poppins. And it is true. She is delightful and positive and SINGS all the time. She has a million songs that she can hum and sing while doing work and while playing. She can make any task more enjoyable with her sweet demeanor.
I have a few wonderful memories of her (well, more than a few...) one was a silly thing- we were shopping together at the mall. We would walk along and then kind of stop and stare at each other and then eventually we would get going again...finally one of us said "what are we doing?" and we both laughed...I thought I was following her lead and she thought she was following my lead...but neither of us was leading, we were both wandering around thinking "what are we doing"… We still chuckle about that to this day.
The other one was before Rich and I married we went to his brothers mission farewell. Rich's mom sang "Oh That I Were and Angel" and it was BEAUTIFUL! It was the first time that I saw Rich cry. I asked him "what's the matter" and all he could say was "that’s my mom". It was so simple, but so touching.
She has had a profound effect on me. I look to her for examples of many things. I am one of the few that did not gain a mother-in-law when I got married...I gained another mom and a friend. Happy Birthday mom, We all love you.


1 comment:
What a fun Mother to have! Loved reading your memories...lol about the mall...you both were too sweet to question the other!
Post a Comment