Life

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
-Unknown

Sunday, March 30, 2008

My 100

Thanks Heather and Rayette for the inspiration-I could not resist making my own list. I hope others do it too! (after re-reading I noticed I numbered screwy...apparently it is really hard to count backwards from one hundred...this list now has more than that)


100. I am a neat freak I strongly believe the saying “a place for everything and everything in its place”.

99. I always wanted to learn sign language.

98. I have never been outside of the U.S. (other than Tijuana, and I personally don’t think that counts).

97. I am not a big fan of video games. I am not good at them and am somewhat spastic when it comes to hand eye coordination.

96. I love the scriptures particularly the Book of Mormon and read them everyday (except for when I am moving out of state, which is no excuse but it has sure wreaked havoc on my routine).

95. I have lived in exactly 7 different states.

94. I hope to someday master the difference between effect and affect.

95. I really love to use commas, and know that I do it all wrong, and I know that it drives some people crazy, but I hope, that you will tolerate it anyway, and just know that that is the way I am, I am just not wired right.

94. I have a huge blemish (a.k.a zit) on my cheek/jawbone . Makes me mad.

93. I love books-- everything about them makes me happy. I love the smell of a new book, I love to thumb through them and let the swish of the air blow against my face. I love to look at the pictures before I even read them. I love to curl up with my kiddos and read a good book and imagine far off places and interesting characters. I also love to wander through a bookstore. I have always thought it would be so cool to own a children’s book store like the one in You’ve Got Mail.
92. I am silly, especially when I get tired.

93. I value friends as family. Once a friend always a friend.

92. I value humor more than beauty.

91. I am not always comfortable expressing myself. It is one thing I hope to overcome.

90. I am seldom pleased with projects after I finish.

89. I once met and hugged President Kimball.

88. I was raised by a wonderful single mother, who’s job I did not appreciate nearly enough until I had children of my own.

87. My mom had five children and then 17 years later had me. I was not a surprise either. She had two miscarriages before finally having me. She had a lot of complications during her pregnancy and was actually told I was a boy and that I had downs syndrome. They were wrong.

86. I am always cold.

85. I won a national photography contest when I was a sophomore in high school.

84. I am scared of driving on the freeway.

83. My worst fear my entire life was my mom dying and leaving me alone.

82. I love to look at catalogs but never really order anything from them.

81. I wanted ten kids. I would have been happy if all of my girls had a twin.

80. I have two nieces older than I am and the several nieces and nephews around my same age. I grew up with them and in general think I am closer to them than my siblings. Once my mom was having a photograph made of all the grandkids and she and my sisters kept telling me to get in the picture, I finally started crying and said “I AM NOT a grandchild”! They all looked at each other like “oh ya, she’s right” and that was that.

79. I detest moving. Ask me again in a few months though cause normally I think it is a great adventure.

78. I don’t like the way scary movies make me feel.

77. I love words. I love to listen to certain people talk just like I would listen to music.

76. I always knew I would be a mother. I was told by my doctor once I may not be able to have children, but I never believed him. It paid off, I managed to have four adorable, brilliant, precious and well loved little girls (I may be slightly biased, but hey, that is my job…right?)

75. Being a mother is the hardest thing I have ever loved.

74. I am still in contact with a friend from fourth grade.

73. My favorite colors have always been blue and purple and then suddenly they changed to red and yellow. I am not sure what happened, but I am almost irritated by blue.

72. I love romantic comedies-- my all time favorites are You’ve Got Mail, Serendipity, Sabrina, and Overboard.

71. I have big feet.

70. I wanted to get my pilots license until I had kids.

69. I got sent to the principal’s office once in second grade. On the school bus home this boy was teasing me really bad and I hit him on the head with a paper sack I was carrying, unfortunately I forgot it had the beautiful rock I brought for show-and-tell in it. It made his head bleed (only a tiny bit). His mom called the office and told on me… the next day on the way to the office he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. All’s well that ends well, right?

68. Every report card I got in elementary school said something about me talking too much. I know, it was a shock to me too.

67. I think it would be fun to have a blackberry, just cause the name is so cute.

66. I am technologically challenged, therefore completely dependant on Rich for those things (which is reason enough for me to NEVER have a blackberry).

65. I love the story Sister Hinckley’s grandson told about her, he was walking past the bathroom and heard her saying to her toothbrush “My, you sure are a handy little gadget”. I learned two things really—1. You should be grateful for every tiny thing and 2. Apparently it is okay to visit with your toothbrush.

64. I loved working in the darkroom in college. Digital photography has completely changed the world of photography and I am not totally sure I love that.

63. I LOVE Café Rio.

62. I play the piano, but seldom tell people that. I can not play in front of people without messing up. I for sure can not accompany singers. I also played the violin and flute.

61. When I was five my favorite songs were “I Can’t Smile Without You” by Barry Manilow and “You Light Up My Life” By Debby Boone. I had a record player and would listen to them all the time.

60. I have a handsome husband (while this statement is completely true, this was Whitney’s suggestion…I know better than posting something like this, he will be mortified).

59. I took typing in school but never really got good at it until I started computering.

58. I was a nursing major in school then I got married and then became a mom and did not finish school, but I hope to someday though even if it means I will be the oldest little nurse there is.

57. I have two brothers and three sisters.

56. I have never really liked my hair.

54. I have never skipped school.

53. I have never gone toilet papering.

52. I love music. I have a large repertoire of favorites…everything from Bach to Nickelback.

51. I used to collect stickers. I had tons of them. My favorites were some scratch and sniff Halloween ones that smelled like patchouli.

50. I love the smell of sandalwood.

49. I have green eyes.

48. I am crazy about Disney World.

47. I love Jelly Beans.

46. I think I am almost over my obsession with Sun Chips.

45. I could eat at Taco Bell every day of my life.

44. I would rather spend my vacation in a cabin in the woods than on the beach any day.

43. I look forward to General Conference as much as I look forward to my favorite holiday.

42. I love ice cream with caramel in it.

41. I like to sew, but I am a little bit impatient…I like to see results faster than I can sew.

40. I love babies.

39. I married my best friend and I am lucky that he still is. It was the best decision I have ever made.

38. Someday I hope to go to Europe.

37. I want to serve at least one mission when Rich retires.

36. All my furniture has little green stickers on it from the movers. That is the kids job tomorrow to find all the stickers they can. Maybe we will make it a contest.

35. I was bald as can be as a baby.

34. My dad was not a very big part of my life.

33. I carry a camera with me everywhere I go.

32. I was a licensed EMT for a few years.

31. I do not have a cell phone. I may be the only person over 8 years old that doesn’t, but unfortunately, it’s the truth.

30. I don’t watch very much television.

29. Once I saw a lady get arrested in the grocery store. After they had hauled her away I noticed there was a tiny little boy who had been hiding behind a stack of some thing crying for his mommy, and it was her. It was one of the saddest things I have ever seen.

28. I never ditched seminary.

27. I was a really good speller in school.

26. I love cook books.

25. I have never watched any of the Star Wars movies.

24. One of my favorite days was with my friend Cami, when we went to NYC and saw Wicked and ate at some little Italian restaurant at like 11:30 PM in little Italy. It was a wonderful day I will never forget.

23. I am a homebody. I love being at home with my kids and doing the things moms do.

22. I love to write in my journal every night about the things I have been blessed with that day. It has made me more aware and more grateful for even the tiniest things.

21. I am shy sometimes. I prefer smaller more intimate groups than large get- togethers.

20. I love a good steak or prime rib.

19. I used to ski.

18. I love to play boggle.

17. I have played Apples to Apples more times than I care to count. Whitney loved that game for a long time and now Rylie loves it. I don’t think I would be sad if I didn’t have to play it for fifteen years.

16. I am a little bit quirky.

15. I love movies. And I love popcorn at the movies.

14. I am so grateful for the gospel and all that I have because of it.

13. My family is the most precious thing on the earth to me.

12. My favorite number is 27.

11. I wish I had my own private jet that could fly me to visit my friends whenever I wanted, or bring them to visit me whenever they wanted.

10. I love American Idol.

9. It bugs me to death when people say “O” for zero. Zero is a number not a letter.

8. I have never ever wished to be rich.

7. I walked a half-marathon and it was very empowering. It was the biggest athletic accomplishment in my entire life and it was just last year.

6. I am very reflective. I like to ponder and think about things and conversations long after they have occurred. I am not the person to talk to if you want something forgotten. I remember little details about people and appreciate when others do the same.

5. I love to people watch and am very interested in people, even those I do not know. I think everyone has a story to tell and something worth sharing.

4. I love Primary Songs.

3. I love to hear kids laugh. It makes me giggle out loud. I am also a sympathetic crier. When people are sad I cry with them. Interesting side note, after my mom died, I didn’t cry for almost three years.

2. I have never had a desire to go on a cruise. Never.

1. Oddly enough, I enjoyed making this list.

3 comments:

Barbies Blog said...

I loved your list. You just never know things about a person until you read something like this. I will make one since you did. I don't know if I am that interesting though. :)

Heather said...

Isn't it fun? I am so glad that I started it and think that EVERYONE should do it. Almost my entire family did it, including nieces and nephews. It has been a GREAT way to get to know everyone better.

ArchRay said...

I also love books and boggle. I love the smell of a used book store. I also met Pres. Kimball as a child and got a hug from him (in all places in Washington DC). He made some comment about us both being short and I was so proud.

Thanks for sharing your list.