Life

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
-Unknown

Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Perks

One of the perks of living in Utah (and let me assure you there are many...) is that you get to go to things like this. We went to the Young Women Broadcast tonight and it was amazing. We rode TRAX right down to temple square and then walked to the conference center, presented our lovely ticket and went right in. Just like that. We didn't have to drive for a million hours, we didn't have to catch a plane, we didn't even break a sweat (maybe cause it is cold outside...). Very little effort and very huge reward. That's not the normal balance of things and definitely not something you get everyday!

It was a wonderful conference. I loved what the general YW presidency had to say. We were fortunate to have President Eyring as the final speaker. Anyone who knows me well knows of my love for him. I love to sit and listen to him any chance I get and tonight was my chance. I was treated to just the message I needed to buoy me up until the next time. I am so grateful for inspired leaders and all that they do to prepare and to teach us.

Here is Tori on the train


Here are all the leaders and YW from our ward. Not a large group, but what they lack in size they make up for in friendliness.


Inside the building by a beautiful statue


Walking past the SLC temple. I could get used to this!

5 comments:

Gibson Family said...

Hello Gilmore family! We are so glad you all made it there ok and the photos are just amazing. Although we have to say that getting the mail every day is very depressing as we walk past your house and look into your empty windows. The kids are bored, but they are taking it all in stride. McKayla did have a break down the other day, I think it hit her that Rylie was gone. I can't wait to see more photos.

Barbies Blog said...

Skyler said we cant drive by your house anymore because it makes him sad. You will be spoiled being that close to all the "action"!

Heather said...

How amazing. I hope that everything is going wonderful. How nice it must be to be an entire family unit again.

ArchRay said...

Wow! That's exciting. I love Elder Eyring, too (as you already knew). Good to have you back in the posting world.

Heidi A said...

I really do love that place. I grew up there and Temple Square is one of my favorite places in the world. I'm glad you're enjoying it! We miss you guys!