
I have been busying myself with the packaging, and eventual, distributing of some of my most precious cargo today. Rich is leaving to chaperone the Young Men from our ward at youth conference. I have been folding laundry (again…) preparing to help pack, and last night purchased almost my entire weight in goodies meant to sustain a number of sweet tooth’s for about three days. I also found an entire supply of any toiletries he may need in a perfect three day travel size. I bought a new umbrella that is labeled "family size" that when you push a button out pops a tarp roughly the size of a moving van. My hopes are that he will be able to shelter anyone who may have lost or more likely forgotten their own umbrella. He also has a new snazzy backpack that he will be shoving his suit into after they attend the temple. He will then be wearing that suit (the one that was shoved into a back pack) to church on Sunday.
Luckily we were provided a list of things he should bring, but it is a little bit to vague for my liking. We have gotten everything now,but the only thing we have been unsuccessful in procuring is a battery powered alarm clock. He (and Tori both)said “I dont need one, I have my cell phone”. And I anxiously reply “But it’s on the list…!” I think I need to relax a little.
They have a busy three days planned, and I am sure it will be a wonderful adventure and I can’t wait to hear all the stories. Have fun Rich, we will miss you!


7 comments:
Please don't tell me Tori is old enough to go to youth conference! How can that be? I feel very old all of a sudden.
No, she is only 11. She was just helping me get ready. She does act like she is about 37 sometimes!
O.K. I feel better. I know what you mean about Tori acting 37, we have a 49 yer old son who is 10.
I am glad we are normal then! I had a pampered chef party a couple weeks ago. She wanted me to sign up to be a consultant and let her do the parties. She wants to be a chef someday...I should say today.
Go with it, you'll never have to cook again!
I sold pampered Chef for about a minute and a half. I liked the parties, but couldn't stand the business part.
That's what I thought, Tami. I tried to count to see how old she is, but not having Sebastian made it hard to remember.
I have a 7-yr-old son who is 2, a 6-yr-old son who is about 8 months, and a 4 yr old who whould be great company for Tami's 49-yr-old.
I would have loved to go to Youth Conference in Nauvoo! Where were they staying?
Post a Comment